Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The buttons on my Kenmore elite do not work. we have had a…

Customer Question
the buttons on my Kenmore...
the buttons on my Kenmore elite do not work. we have had a tech out recently that supposedly fixed it, and now it won't do anything. I tried reseting the buttons like you recommended to someone else, and nothing lit up. when I push the options I want and hit start/resume, the blue light just starts blinking after a couple of seconds. there is water in the bottom of the dishwasher from the last wash, and the cancel/drain button lights up and does nothing. Getting frustrated with this thing!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/7/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, after you press start you have about 5 seconds to close the door. If you do not close the door in 5 seconds, the light will start flashing. If you're closing the door in under 5 seconds, the control shorted and will need to be replace to fix this issue.
This usually happens when the door is not being closed fast enough though. I've seen it plenty of times in the field. I'm hoping that's what's going on here.
Let me know either way.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you