Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore washer/ dryer combo stackable model number…

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore washer/...
I have a Kenmore washer/ dryer combo stackable model number 417.92702200. The motor will come on and try to spin the tub but then clicks off. Water is not draining and will not come on at all to wash a load. It ran water in to fill then didn't wash. I can see the motor move the tub a little to start to spin then clicks and turns off. Wait a few mins then it will try again and do the same thing. Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
6/8/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there is something keeping the tub from turning, the motor is turning off on the overload. Can you move the large pulley in both directions by hand. If not, you will need to remove the inner tub to access the area between the tubs to get whatever may be in there out. Let me know what you find.
The tub will move freely by hand and tries to move by the motor. Will start to spin but the motor sounds like it is under a strain then turns off. I was thinking maybe the sump is bad and isn't removing any water causing a strain on the motor. Can't get the sump to come on in any position to drain the tub.
Will the tub spin when empty?
Not sure. Full of water right now. Will try to suck the water out with a wet dry vac and see what happens.
The pump is electric, so the motor should still turn, even full of water. There is probably something stuck in the pump and you may have a weak motor. Let me know what you find with an empty tub.