Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag mdb6709AWW1 Push start button and washer sounds like…

Customer Question
Maytag mdb6709AWW1 Push start button...
Maytag mdb6709AWW1
Push start button and washer sounds like it starts. The "dry" light immediately illuminates and the washer does not finish and dishes are very cloudy. What is wrong?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/6/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Before starting a cycle have you or did you press cancel on the console?
If not lets try that then try to run the unit once again.
Yes. I pressed cancel / drain and the the unit made a draining sound and then turned off.
and then when you start a new cycle what does it do?
Seems to begin but the the Dry cycle light immediately illuminates.
ok so then you have a stuck key in the console touch pad assembly .
Here is a link to the part .
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-And-Control-Panel/W10254836/1549641?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.
Can the key be "unstuck" or cleaned? Or is the only option to replace the control panel?
You can try to heat the touch pad assembly to see if it will relax the membrane.
But I will not guaranty it will work or work and not fail later on .
Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons.
Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic.
If this does not work,replace the console then.