Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag mhw5100dw0 just hums, display dead but lock light is…

Customer Question
Maytag mhw5100dw0 just hums, display...
Maytag mhw5100dw0 just hums, display dead but lock light is on
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/6/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
usually this issue occurs when the washer doesn't fill up with water quick enough. If it doesn't fill up with water to the proper level within 6 minutes, the washer will go into a drain sequence and continue draining for 15 minutes or more. Just leave the washer plugged in and allow it to keep humming for up to 30 minutes. If the washer starts to work normally again after this time then you know it's just not filling up quick enough. Check your water pressure to the washer and if all that checks good, you'll need to order and replace your electronic water valve on the back of your washer because it's restricting your water flow. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
I did I forgot to open the water supply valves?
This is a brand new washer
OK perfect so just leave the washer on for 30 minutes and turn the water on and the washer will work like normal again.
There is a built in sequence for the washer that if it tries to fill for more than 6 minutes, it shuts the washer down and just keeps trying to drain for 15 minutes or so because it wants to make sure all the water is drained out to ensure your house doesn't flood.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?