Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I need help with a new kitchenaid ice maker that is currently

Customer Question
not producing ice....
I need help with a new kitchenaid ice maker that is currently not producing ice.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/5/2015
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Is this a freestanding under counter icemaker or a in refrigerator ice maker?
Model Number: ksc24c8eyy02
it is a refrigerator ice maker
unit is less than a year old.
As I remember it has happened once before and at that time I believe we shut the power off and it started working again.
Ok Thank you!
Does the icemaker mold have ice or water in the cavity mold at this time?
No, it is brand new and well maintained.
There is no sign of any ice being made.
ok And you are getting water out of the chilled water dispenser?
yes, everything else is working perfect. that is the mystery.
could there be some button we have pushed that has caused a problem?
since it is computerized.
ok what temperature do you have in the fresh food section at this time?
No buttons other then the icemaker on /off switch .
And I assume the switch is on?
in the refrigerator size the temp is at 37 degrees and the freezer side is at 5 degrees. yes, the switch is on for the icemaker.
Ok and you are 100% sure the icemaker cavity mold has no ice or water in it.
If so and the water is working fine.
Then either the icemaker is not calling for water or it is calling for ice but the water fill tube in the door could be frozen.
with this being a new unit If you start working on the unit you will void your warranty.
So I would recommend calling for a warranty service call on the issue.
ok thanks. what does all of this conversation cost me?
There is no cost from me I did not send you an answer
so the 5 dollar charge is it. this is the first time I have used this site so I don't know how it works.
I as an expert in a category. do not have anything to do with the money or know how Just Answer does the funding.
I`m just a outside contractor and even work in a different state then the Just Answer offices.
I would recommend you contact Just Answer admin.
John, Home Appliance Technician