Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to get some information about fixing an old GE…

Customer Question
I am trying to get...
I am trying to get some information about fixing an old GE fridge I
have. This has run for year but recently quit working. When you turn
it on you hear it trying to start but it seems the motor will not
catch and run. I took off the case and cleaned fitting on the
"starter" and you can see it spark but it doesn't seem like enough to
kick the motor on. It hums for a bit then cuts off and the red placard
is displayed.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/5/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Good morning, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Yes, this thing is an antique, not just old. I think I'll opt out as I wouldn't even know where to begin on something this old.
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
What is the model number of the unit, pl;ease?