Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a CAN5 ice maker. It has stopped working all

Customer Question
Hello, I have a CAN5...
Hello, I have a CAN5 ice maker. It has stopped working all of a sudden. I checked water pressure and the water line is clear. I took it out of the freezer and slowly did a gear cycle with a screw driver ( saw a you tube video) after I put it back in the freezer, it does not fill with water?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/5/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it cycles but does not fill and you have verified the water line is clear, the water inlet valve is likely faulty. You can test it by measuring voltage at the valve when the ice maker is in a harvest mode. If it gets voltage toward the end of the harvest but no water, the valve is faulty.
Hi, The ice maker actually started working later that night after I reset it. I will no longer need assistance with this.Thanks
I understand, thank you.