Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Are you familiar with the kitchenaid undercounter ice make…

Customer Question
are you familiar with the...
are you familiar with the kitchenaid undercounter ice make with the smart water valve?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/4/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Thank you for requesting me and Yes I `m .
What model number do you have ?
There is no model number on it that i can find
im sure it is a KUIS15 with smart water valve and optional water disposal
the ice maker makes ice just fine for maybe 1/2 a day to 2 days then everything goes off no error code or anything
the lights on the control panel goes off and the bin light too just like it lost main power
i have main power to the unit, to the transformer,both in and out, and to the control board even though the unit has shut down
Once you open the door it should be on the upper right inner wall just below the cutting grid.
When you say optional water disposal ,, I assume you mean the condensate drain pump.
when it shuts off do you see any standing water in the sump under the ice?
i have replaced the control board, the wiring harness and the bin stat where it all started.the original complaint was the unit would just stop making ice. replacing the bin stat seemed to fix the problem for 2 days
i looked its missing the tag and no i see no water
i have bypassed the condensate pump but still the same problem
And when it stops have you unplugged the icemaker from the pump and plugged the icemaker directly into the electrical outlet that the pump is plugged into?
yes i have
ok and ? does the icemaker then come on?
no i did that like at first think ing that the condensate pump was out causing the problem
ok and once you plugged the icemaker in directly to the outlet did you test the control board of voltage to the control?
And did you test for voltage to the outlet also?
yes
ok so then you have voltage at the control board or at the outlet ?
I asked two questions.
yes both places
ok if you had voltage to the control! but no lights or functions with in the icemaker , do you have the console down at this time so you can do voltage tests?
i am not there today
im thinking maybe its in the smart water valve system. but i do not know its operation
like maybe the sensors think it is too full of water and shuts the unit down
just seems odd that both the control panel lights and ice bin light would go off together
has no sensor that would shut the control board off.
theres not much left for us to replace
i guess the control panel lights and ice bin light going off together should trigger some thought as to the problem
ok give me a few minutes to find a wire diagram if I can with out a model number.
its KUIS15
that is not a full number only about 1/2 of a full model number .
Have you tested for voltage in and out of the transformer? it is what powers the control circuit of the control board.
look at my other posts to you yes power to the transformer both in and out
checked even with the unit down
Yes you did do you remember what voltage is was out of the transformer to the control board?
there were 2 voltages and both were correct it was like 18 and 9 dont remember
one should be 12.8 and the other 9.4 volts A/C
it was
i looked on the side of the stepdown transforner and the voltages matched coming out of the transformer
does the transformer have over heat protection that may be causing the loss of power like that
are you there?
hello
is anyone there?
ok with out a complete full model number I`m at a bit of a loss .
When i go to Kitchen aid they say the KUIS15 has 98 possible units that start with those numbers
John, Home Appliance Technician