Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher fills with water but is not spraying

Customer Question
dishwasher fills with water but is not spraying
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/3/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Good afternoon! So unfortunately your issue means you either have a bad control board or the circulation pump and motor has failed and will need to be replaced. The way to check is by uninstalling the entire dishwasher and tipping it on it's back. There are 2 wires going to the circulation pump. Check for 120 volts to the motor when the dishwasher should be washing. If you don't have 120 volts, you need a new control board. If you do have 120 volts, you need a new circulation motor. The circulation motor fails often so that is by far the most likely part that will need to be replaced so if you don't have a multimeter to test the voltage, just replace the circulation motor. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace. And at the bottom of the link is a video on how to replace it or remove it to check for a blockage as a last resort before replacing it.CLICK HERE for pump We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?