Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our dryer won't run, It has power, light inside is on and I…

Customer Question
Our dryer won't run, It...
Our dryer won't run, It has power, light inside is on and I can hear a slight noise when I hit the button to start it but nothing else
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/3/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
First, make sure the door switch is working properly. To do this just open the door and push on the door switch to make sure you hear a clicking sound when you push the door switch. If it doesn't click anymore, replace the door switch---otherwise it's still good. The nest most common issue is the fuse on the back of the dryer. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to access and test the fuse. if the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. You can also put a jumper wire between the 2 wires going to the fuse to bypass the fuse and plug the dryer back in to see if the dryer will start if you know how to do that to test the fuse if you don't have a multimeter. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?