Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My freezer on GE profile is set at 0 degrees. Registers -11

Customer Question

my freezer on GE profile is set at 0 degrees. Registers -11 and there is frost. I cannot get it to warm up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If the temperature registers at -11 on the screen, then the refrigerator knows it's getting too cold which means that your thermistor thermostat sensor is working inside the freezer. Unfortunately that means that either you have a defrost problem or your damper assembly inside the refrigerator isn't opening and closing properly to regulate the air from the freezer over to the refrigerator section properly. Probably the best thing to do is test which one is failing. Remove the back panel inside the freezer and thaw all the frost out behind the back panel with a hair dryer. Now let the refrigerator run and if the temperatures are normal after 24 hours, you have a defrost issue and either need a new defrost sensor or defrost heater. If the temperature are still not normal, replace the damper assembly.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?