John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have replaced the tub bearings on my Maytag tl Neptune model

Customer Question

I have replaced the tub bearings on my Maytag tl Neptune model # ***** 6800aww. What difficulties can arise with the cycles after you have reassembled the machine? I put it on a wash cycle and it fills but does not complete the cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
If you replaced the bearings and now the unit fills and stops filling ,have you checked the motor wire harness ?
Does the motor / belt turn freely by hand?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't answer immediately because of having problems with computer. The answer to your ? is no I haven't. This means I have to uncover the machine to check that right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will not be able to be in front of the computer all the time because I will be working on the washer. So if you want to call my number is(###) ###-#### *****
sorry per Just Answer we can only communicate through this web site.
Yes to test the motor connections the front panel has to be removed.to gain access to the motor area.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am back with another ? about my maytag neptune.I found my problem. My clutch had fallen off. Can you tell me why that would happen?Brand: Maytag neptune
Type of Appliance: Washer
ok if the clutch had come off the motor shaft the only way that would happen is if the bolt holding on the motor shaft has come loose for the bolt to fall off.
You may want to use lock tight thread sealant to make sure it does not come off again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I tighten the bolt tight it will not let the clutch turn as it should
ok here is what the service manual say ((: When reinstalling, properly seat Pulley with a 1/16-1/8" gap between the Pulley face and shaft end. On reinstallation, tighten Pulley Bolt to 96 inch pounds.
Are you sure that you have all the parts , and that the tub shaft is down all the way?
Here is an image of the parts break down http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/M0602242-00005.png