Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE PD520srbrss refrigerator. The start of the problem…

Customer Question
I have a GE PD520srbrss...
I have a GE PD520srbrss refrigerator. The start of the problem was the freezer went way below settings and the top non freezer part got warm. The mother board was replaced and the freezer went back to 0, but the rest was still warm even though the guage is at 37. A sensor was then replaced, but no change. Any thoughts? The repair man from GE is about to give up. I would just replace it but it is part of twins set side by side with reversible doors. I would have to buy two new units.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/2/2015
Appliance Technician: Francis, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Did the tech open up the freezer back wall and check if the evaporator coil was blocked with ice?
If I am off line, please wait for my reply and I will answer them as soon as I log back.
Thanks.
He did check that on both occasions. When the mother board was replaced there was ice. It was melted off. When it was rechecked, no ice. Just did not cool in the top. Freezer still works fine.
Thank you for those info.
Can you please double check the model number. I can't find the service manual for the model that you gave.
There could still be ice on the vent going to the fridge or there could be a stuck flap that prevents it from letting cold air flow to the fridge side.
Another problem that you might have is the fan in the freezer could not be running. This fan delivers cold air to the fridge and if it is not running, the freezers seems cold and the fridge would not be.
If you can remove the back wall inside the freezer section, you might be able to see a fan motor and observe if the fan blade is turning after you open up the bottom door.
In some cases, there is a delay for the fan to run so you have to close the bottom door, then open it after 2 minutes and see if the fan blade did turn.
Thanks,
Francis