Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a sears refrigerator model #10662153111 with a broken…

Customer Question
have a sears refrigerator model...
have a sears refrigerator model #10662153111 with a bro***** *****dle the handle has a plastic attachment which cracked and was already replaced twice the serial # ***** the handle part is w10409185 do you know if i can get a replacement metal part ? I don't want to replace a third time with plastic which I feel will break again Please help I;ve been on the plone with sears no no avail all day yeaterday?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/2/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Ok I`m a bit confused .
The part number you have given w10409185 is not a part number for your model of refrigerator.
And which handle are you replacing the fresh food door handle or the freezer door handle?
And you will not be able to change the material the part was manufactured in.
If the original material was plastic that is the only part you will be able to get for your model, you can get different colors but not material the part is made out of.
Unless you want to RIG something, which I do not recommend!