Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a lg French door fridge that since new cools but will…

Customer Question
have a lg French door...
have a lg French door fridge that since new cools but will not reach temp settings. frige will not go below 40 and freezer will not drop below 25. ice cream is always soft and the ice clumps all together in the bin. been this way since new.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/2/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thanks for your question.
You have a sealed system issue. On that unit it was very common for the compressor to go bad and just not pump correctly. Then the freon does not reach the correct pressures. You should check and feel the compressor. If it is running but barely warm that is the most likely issue. The repair is typically expensive about 650-750 to repair from a company.