Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My range gives me bad line signal

Customer Question
my range gives me bad line signal
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/2/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Bad line means that the oven doesn't think it's getting 220 volts from your house. You will need to pull the oven forward, remove the screws going into the access panel back where the power cord connects to the back of the oven and with a multimeter test power between the 2 outside power wires. You should have 220 volts between these 2 wires and if not then you have a problem with your circuit breaker or power cord or junction box or something like that, but the issue is not the oven so you may need an electrician if you try to flip the breaker off and back on and the issue doesn't reset. Other than that, if you do have 220 volts to the oven and you don't see any burnt wires at the junction box, your control board has just failed and would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?