MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Ice Maker is not working in a GS6SHEXNS00 side by side

Customer Question

Ice Maker is not working in a GS6SHEXNS00 side by side refrigerator. I have checked the sensor and when I close the door closed flap I get a solid red light. The power did go out of the house between the time our renters left and we moved back in. It was
making ice before we moved in.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
What position are the fingers of the icemaker pointing to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pointing forward
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Is there any ice in the mold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Pull the icemaker out and see if the fill spout that comes out of the ceiling is frozen up- a cable tie should be able to go in it when clear. There is a single screw on the right underside to remove and it pulls out. The plastic wire cover pulls off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The cable tie moves freely. Its not iced over. I thought that might be it. There was a power failure the other day and the freezer defrosted and then refroze. But the spout is clear. Next . . . .
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
take the cover off the icemaker. get a small piece of wire and use it to jump between the holes marked T and H. The wire needs to go in no more than a half inch. Close the freezer door, unplug the fridge and wait about a minute then plug it back in. In a few minutes the icemaker should start running. If it does run when you open the door then wait until the fingers move about an inch from where they are and pull the jumper off. Let me know if the icemaker completes a cycle and fills.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing seems to be happening
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
The icemaker could be bad. Jumper between L and V and see if water comes out the fill spout. Don't let it run more than 5 secs.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing. How am I sure I am jumping the relay's?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Last tests require a voltmeter. See if you have 120 volts between the black and white wire coming out of the icemaker harness that comes from the cabinet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
getting 110 V
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am getting 126 V out of the outlet
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Replace the icemaker.