How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 20+ year old Kenmore Elite washer. Just replaced

Customer Question

I have a 20+ year old Kenmore Elite washer. Just replaced start capacitor on motor due to no spin condition. Following that, the washer began to overfill and not agitate. Replaced water level switch and tube. I can see water rising in the tube, but washer will not agitate or cycle unless I blow air into switch to trip it. Very odd. It's like everything is working fine, but switch is not getting enough pressure signal to trip. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Open the lid the models /serial tag should be under the lid at the rear of the opening in the top panel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Actually, I figured out the problem. I had a very small "leak" at the little bubble/reservoir on the side of the drum which was causing the water level sensor switch not to trip. All fixed and washing load as we speak. Thanks

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
ok no problem.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.