Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a wp french door bottom mount ref the control display…

Customer Question
I have a wp french...
I have a wp french door bottom mount ref the control display blink on and off and the door ajar alarm sounds. Read the manuel closed all doors cant get it to stop please help.
Mitch San Antonio Texas
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
If you unplug the unit or turn the circuit breaker off for 5 min this should reset the control board memory .
Have you done that yet?
no i have unplug it but not for 5 min
ok lets try that ant see what happens .
let me know what happens.
No that did not work my phone #(###) ###-####please call or send your #
We can only communicate through this web site .
That is Just Answer policy.
If rebooting the control did not reset the control .
If you open the fresh food doors and push on the door light switches does the interior lights go off?
Yes
ok now do the same to the freezer door does the freezer light go out also?
no
ok if you play with the switch will the light then come on ?
Either the switch is faulty of the control does not see the door being closed ,so that is why you get the alarm and the blinking.
the freezer lite stays on after playing with the switch
ok so is it on you press the switch in and the light stays on correct?
and if so do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it to do any testing ?
yes the freezer lite stay on
not sure about a volt-ohm
i will have to call a repairman out
ok yes if you do not have a meter or know how to use one ,then yes I would recommend calling for service.on the issue.