ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

The fan from my sub zero model 632 is not working. My fridge

Customer Question

The fan from my sub zero model 632 is not working. My fridge temp is as set at 37 and my freezer is at 10 but have set it for 0...shouldn't the fan be working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 2 years ago.
T
The freezer fan needs to run in order to cool the freezer. You need to check to see if you are getting 120volts to the fan motor. Check across the two wires on the fan motor. If you are "not" then you need to check the door switch to see if it closing the circuit to the fan motor. Use you volt meter and check resistance thru the switch. If the switch is working then you need to check to see if you 120volts between the white wire on plug J7 on the main computer board and the purple wire have E7 if you do "NOT" have 120 volts then replace the computer board as it supplies the power to the fan motor.
I see you read my answer on your fridge and I was curious if you were able to find out which part was bad?
If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars to rate me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today. It is the only way JA will compensate me for my time researching your question for you. You will then be locked into your question and you can continue asking follow-up questions if you still need assistance.