Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Whirlpool cabrio washer code f

Customer Question
Whirlpool cabrio washer code f I...

Whirlpool cabrio washer code f

I have unplugged and restarted it three times

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
After the "F" flashes a number should flash to give you an error code number. Can you tell me what error code number you're getting?

No number just F

OK if no number appears, that is an internal short with your main control board inside your control panel in the far back right corner of the washer. There is nothing that can resolve this issue other than replacing that control board so below is a link to the control board you'll need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

oops I paid too much. I was only suppose to pay the $5 deposit, right?

no, $5 is only taken out immediately much like going to a gas station to ensure that you have a credit card and there is a balance left on it. This question is $28 which is the minimum and a lot cheaper than calling a technician out which will tell you the same thing .

I just ran the diagnostic test I found on a different site, which took me through the stored error codes and I tried running it again and it's now running father than it has all day??? hopefully it keeps going? what's that all about?

It may have "unconfused" the main control board going through a different sequence, but they will not last even if it runs through a full cycle. Whether it's today or tomorrow or a week from now, the error will re-occur and until you replace the control board the washer will not be reliable.

gotcha. makes sense. thanks so much. you think that's the best price for the control board? found cheaper on ebay? how hard is it to install?

It's very easy to install, I'm not sure I would trust Ebay though. Searspartsdirect.com usually has the best prices on new controls boards however and I think it's about $200 from them, but you can look for a refurbished board if you want but I haven't had much luck since these errors can be sporadic so they don't always know for certain they have fixed the issue when refurbishing them. Below is a video on how to access and replace the board and it's all very straight forward and takes about 30 minutes to replace. In the video they are replacing the board for a different F1 error, but the process is still the same. CLICK HERE for video
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc