Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire Gallery stove oven model# ***** .The…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire Gallery...
I have a Frigidaire Gallery stove oven model# ***** .The stove top is not working. The indicator switches do, as does the oven & everything else, etc. There seems to be adequate power at the source. I replaced the power cord. I cannot find any burnt or disconnected wires. The glass stove top is cracked.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Are you saying that nothing is heating or that just the burners are not heating and everything else does work?
Burners are not heating. Everything else works.
Ok do you have a volt -ohm meter to be able to do any voltage testing to the burner control board?
yes
I have an analog voltmeter.
ok that will work.
Per the part break down the control board is on the rear of the unit .
So you will have to pull the unit out and remove the rear cover .
And you will need to verify voltage to the control board on
L2 on P2 to to Neutral P-1 and on L2 P9 to Neutral on P10 looking for 120 volts at both of these places.
not sure I am doing it right; I am getting voltage but it does not look like 120 V @ either place
ok What voltage are you getting ?
And sorry my internet went down!
That's ok
Sorry I got back late
I tested it again, not sure I am doing it right. The needle goes off the scale.
ok what scale did you have your meter set on for A/C voltage
10, higher than that, it won't register
are you sure you had your meter set on the correct scale normally of A/C voltage the lowest setting is 220 volts
No I'm not sure.
Although, I just now set the dial on my analog voltmeter 2 turns to the left. The number on the dial says 250.
I put the points of the testers on the control board, one @ P1, one @ P2. Repeated that on P9 & P10.
The needle on the meter DID go to 120 .
ok so then you are getting the 120 volts on each leg for the control board to work ,so that means the issue is the control board.
Here is a link to the part you need .
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Relay-Board/316239403KITK/1553801?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=316239400?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.
Thanks
no problem .glad to assist you any time.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.
And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.