Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Thermidor professional oven will not stay on. All the lights…

Customer Question
My Thermidor professional oven will...
My Thermidor professional oven will not stay on. All the lights on the front will start flashing and oven kicks off in the middle of cooking.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Is this a wall oven or free standing range or??
Wall oven
Built into the wall with microwave on top.
OK so the only thing that can cause all the lights on the front to start flashing is the display board itself. The is the part that the touch control panel connects to and while there is a relay board behind the display board that powers everything, it wouldn't cause everything to start flashing. Either way, the entire display board would need to be replaced which usually starts at $300 for the cost of the part and goes up from there depending on the part number of the display. The head is beginning to affect the display board and making the logic inside it corrupt which is why it starts flashing mid cycle. The heat shouldn't affect the display board if the display board were in good working order. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Ok. For several months now I would notice the light inside the oven would be on and the oven had kicked off but if I pressed the door in real hard it would kick back on
Bu now it has started the flashing lights deal
That's a completely different issue. The other issue just means your light switch contact is going out and needs to be replaced, or the door hinges aren't pulling the door shut hard enough and you need 2 new door hinges.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?