Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Simpson model 22s750 making cracking noise,its pretty loud

Customer Question

simpson model 22s750 making cracking noise,its pretty loud on washing.Any suggestion
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The tub assembly is suspended on four rods, one in each corner. The noise is likely coming from the ball and socket assemblies that are at the top of the machine. Those sockets get dry and the balls will rub dry and create bad sounds. Can you lift the top of the machine to inspect those ball and sockets and lubricate if found to be dry? The diagram at the URL below shows the ball and socket assemblies as number 17.
http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/images/files/13408_578052571fe4973d9049cff4d4ab4626.jpg