Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Frigidaire Microwave just quit working. It acts like the…

Customer Question
My Frigidaire Microwave just quit...
My Frigidaire Microwave just quit working. It acts like the power is off, but we checked and there is power to it. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
and OR7 OEM is not a model number,
If you open the microwave door the model /serial tag it on the face frame of the cooking cavity.
GLMV169DSA
Ser 7G43001201
do you have a volt -ohm meter to do any electrical testing.
Yes. I do
ok you will need to remove the vent grill across the top and open the console .
I would have to suspect that the inline fuse has gone bad.
You can test the fuse for resistance and or checking both sides of the fuse for voltage.
Have the console open. Where exactly is the fuse?
it is on the main power wire the wire diagram shows it on a black wire.
if it is good you will have voltage on both sides of it .
and if you test for resistance the unit will need to be unplugged and one lead removed from the fuse.
Could you please describe the fuse? My husband is an electrician and he can't find a fuse. He found a switch that looks like a reset switch but nothing happens when he moves it.
When you said to remove the console, were you referring to the control panel (the part with the buttons on it) or does something else come off?
it is a in line fuse so the wire will have a bulge in it and the wire that the fuse is on on side is Red/ black and the other side is Orange /Black
Yes thaT IT THE CONSOLE THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE IN THE MECHANICAL COMPARTMENT
Sorry, we simply cannot find a fuse.
I believe we will have to call a repairman. I'm sure there is a fuse, but we just can't locate it.
Will you please reply so I can sign out?
just find the black wire that is coming from the cord to power the unit and you can not miss the inline fuse.
The fuse on the main L1 leg is right where the Red /black turns into the Red /Orange.
And I do not work on line 24 hours a day .
And I do not have to be online for you to sign out .