Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher will not start no lights on , breaker is ok…

Customer Question
My dishwasher will not start...
My dishwasher will not start no lights on , breaker is ok
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
If you open the dishwasher door and pull out the bottom rack do you see any standing water in the sump( bottom )area?
And do you have a Volt -ohm meter and know how to use it?

No water

I have a voltmeter

ok have you tested the outlet that the dishwasher is plugged into ? or is your unit hard wired?

Plugged in ok

no have you tested the outlet to see if you have voltage there .plugged in tells us nothing.

there is voltage

ok so the next place you need to test for voltage is under the unit on the front right corner ,(the junction box ) where the cord attaches to the dishwasher.
If you have voltage there then you need to open the door and remove the screws on the back side if the console and test the thermal fuse on the control board.
Then the door switch right there also and lastly test for voltage right on the control board.

I'll pay for this but I sure don't want a monthly charge

I have nothing to do with money at all you will need to contact Just Answer admin for any money issue .
as an expert we do not see your personal info ,and work from our own locations.