Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On May 19, 2015 I was directed by Tyler Z to purchase and…

Customer Question
On May 19, 2015 I...
On May 19, 2015 I was directed by Tyler Z to purchase and install a new ignitor for my Magic Chef EA 92-5KLPX Oven. Ignitor(###) ###-####was installed,is operating and my oven will still not heat.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Does the igniter glow? If not, you'll need a multimeter to test power between the 2 wires going to the igniter to see if you're getting 120 volts between the 2 wires to to where to start.
Yes the new ignitor is glowing
OK great, if you're sure the cooktop is working then we know that the oven is getting gas which means that either the igniter came faulty and it's not drawing 3.2 amps or the oven gas safety valve isn't opening and it should be. You really need an amp clamp to know for certain but those are you to options, either you need a new igniter or you need a new oven gas safety valve.
This is a wall oven and the ignitor is new from our last conversation
Yes, I know the igniter is new---things come defective. But if it's a wall oven then you need to confirm you're getting gas from your house to the oven. If so then everything I just said is still the same. Otherwise you need to figure out why you're not getting gas to the oven from your house.
Ok just disconnected the gas line and there is gas going to the oven
OK great that means either your igniter came defective or the oven gas safety valve has failed and isn't opening when the igniter drawers 3.2 amps. You'd need an amp clamp to test to be certain. Also, just in case you didn't give it long enough make sure you give the oven 5 minutes to open the gas valve.
I waited 10-15 minutes and the oven would not fire up.
Alright well then you know what the options are at this point.
do you have a part number for the gas safety valve?
Unfortunately the model number isn't pulling up so it's either too old to pull up or just not correct, but I can not pull it up I'm afraid. The part is usually about $200 just so you know.
Can you explain where I check with the amp clamp?
You just clamp one of the 2 wires going to the igniter anywhere when the igniter is on and glowing to check the amp draw.
Ok will get one and give it a try. Thx
ok good luck.