Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I currently have a washing machine/dryer combo that I need

Customer Question

I currently have a washing machine/dryer combo that I need some assistance with.
The washing machine is what is causing the problem.
Maytag Washing Machine
Model SE 1000
Series 11
Serial Number: 303647
The machines came with the purchase of the home and I only had to replace the drain valve at the back which was snapped off.
After that, the machine worked great for a couple months but is now not draining during the washing cycle.
I put in the load of wash, set the parameters, and once the cycle is complete, water is still in the drum.
I then have to hit the spin cycle in which the water drains, but then have to do another rinse cycle as the soap is not typically all gone.
When I open it up, the water from the rinse is still in there and then I have to do another 1 or 2 spin cycles to drain the remaining water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You will need to replace the belts on the bottom of the machine. The belts are accessed by removing the front panel from the washer and tipping it back a bit to remove the old and replace the belts. There are three 5/16" screws on the bottom of the drain pump in the right front corner, that is how the belt tension is adjusted. The belts will come with instructions on adjusting the belts properly. The belts are available below.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Belt-Kit/12112425/402507?rcaid=1000054