John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

There, hey. thanks help. Whenever I use the water

Customer Question

Hi There, hey. thanks for your help. Whenever I use the water dispenser, there is a high pitched sound coming from it. Do you know what the problem would be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The high pitched noise only occurs from the electronic water valve itself if it's restricting the water flow, or more often than not it comes from the water supply line coming from your house if it's restricting the flow too much or especially if you just have one of the inexpensive cheap plastic lines supplying the refrigerator with water. Just pull the refrigerator forward and make sure you have good water pressure coming to the refrigerator and make sure the water supply line is either copper or a stainless steel braided/nylon braided line with no kinks. If it still makes the noise and you see nothing wrong with the water supply line, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on your refrigerator itself.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?