Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My kenmore series 80 electric dryer won't heat I've replaced…

Customer Question
My kenmore series 80 electric...
My kenmore series 80 electric dryer won't heat I've replaced that timer,element thermostats,everything and still no heat it runs but no heat
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Have you tested the unit to verify it was getting the required 240 volts for the element to heat?
Yes
ok so then that mean you do have 240 volts to the unit while it is running?
Have you tested for voltage out of the timer? or even for voltage at the heating element?
No,but I've replaced the timer,element, 2 thermostats,fuse link,everything that I could find
ok just because a part is new does not mean it is good
Remove the rear panel of the console and set the time to a timed dry cycle ans test the Red wire in the time to chassis ground ( not turning the unit on)
you are looking for 120 volts A/C to chassis ground
It checks ok
ok from the leaving the time just the way it is know test the operating thermostat on each side to ground what voltage do you get there?
I don't understand
on the operating thermostat on the blower housing in the rear of the unit The operating thermostat has red wires on it with the timer on in a timed setting and NOT running test the thermostat leads to chassis ground what voltage are you reading to ground with your meter?
I'm not sure I'm doing this right, but I got 110
on both leads testing each one at a time to ground?
One is zero
ok if one side has 110 volts and the other has 0 voltage that thermostat it bad.
Is it one of the thermostats that you said you replaced?
Yes,I replaced everything except the motor
ok so then if you indeed only have voltage to one side of that thermostat ,unplug the dryer from the outlet ,remove both wires from that thermostat and jump the two leads together with a paper clip or a short piece of insulated wire with the ends stripped to bypass that thermostat ,make sure the lead will not touch bare metal plug the dryer back in and then try to run the dryer and see if the heating element gets red or if it gets hot .
This is for testing purposes only!!