John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I had to turn off my water supply line off two times Now my

Customer Question

I had to turn off my water supply line off two times Now my dishwasher will not turn on. This is the only thing that changed since I last used my dishwasher. I reset all my electrical breakers that did not help. What do you suggest?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, do you hear the water valve on the dishwasher making any noise when it should be filling? It will usually sound like a low hum type of noise.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The water has been on for over a day and I don't hear any water moving. My kitchen sick water & washing machine and garden hoses are all working normally. The dishwasher has no reset button that i can see.
There's no reset button. The water under the sink is turned on right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The water valve to the dishwasher was never turned off. Just the main from the street. The dishwasher light does not come. That would start/signal the water filling the dishwasher etc.
Which light on the dishwasher does not come on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No lights. Normally I hit start and the light ocmes on and the dishwasher starts filling. Cycle lights, zero. Nothing lights.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?
Perfect. Thank you. Do you see any water in the bottom of the dishwasher? Do you have a volt meter?
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are no water leaks anywhere. My unit is hard wired in and bolted into the cabinet. I am not an electrician. If I need one you can let me know so that my question/problem can be solved. . Like I said, all I did was turn the water off and now the machine will not operate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The machine has been in for only 3-4 months. It is new and has worked approximately twice a week.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I'm getting an answer in 24 hours, I should close?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
I see the last person has opted out of your question!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Just to be sure it seems you are saying that the dishwasher is not showing ANY signs of life no light no nothing correct?