Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I was working on a Samsung model rs275acwp side by side refrigerator

I was working on a Samsung model rs275acwp side by side refrigerator and I pulled out the heater in the refrigerator side evaporators and I took the heater out in order to take with me to get a new one. When I plugged the refrigerator back in I noticed the display on the front of the freezer door was not light and lighting like it's supposed to and how it was working prior to taking out the heater.
Could this be that it's missing the heater and the sensor?
Or did I do something that may have shorted out the control board.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Unless water got into the open connection, I doubt removing the heater had anything to do with the display stopping. The control board will see that the sensor is missing but would give an error code on the display, not go totally dead. Check the door connections where it connects with the main harness. If those are good, the main control will likely need to be replaced.