Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

On refrigerator mod# ***** the dispenser board will

Customer Question

On refrigerator mod# ***** the dispenser board will not light up at all. It puts out the ice or water, but lights don't work. I have changed the board and it still is doing the same thing. Do you have any recommendations?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the last thing left would be the connections under the door. It's actually fairly common. Take the toe kick off and access the wire harness. Unplug the harness and clean the ends. Move the wires around and look for a broken one. I've seen broken wires on these and also just a loose/dirty connection.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you