Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Barrymy kitchenaid refri model KSRI25NWHIS not getting

Customer Question
hi Barry my kitchenaid refri model...
hi Barry
my kitchenaid refri model KSRI25NWH
IS not getting water in tray.I changed filter and checked red lights seem to be working properly.
pushed flex plastic in water hose about 4inches no blockage. that far.drinking water works fine.
Can you help????
Ed Landers
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/28/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?
LIGHTS FLASH TWICE OVER AND OVER. THE LIGHT DOES STAY SOLID. FINGERS ARE BELOW.
OK that sounds like 2 problems. First the light should stay solid if you make a clear pathway from left to right, if not then your emitter boards will definitely need to be replaced so below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace as well as a video that shows you how to replace it. CLICK HERE for emitter boards CLICK HERE for video Now as for the fingers pointing down, that could be another problem. The icemaker shouldn't stop any direction that the fingers pointing forward and up at a 30 degree angle or so. So if you fix the emitter board situation and you still don't have ice within 24 hours, it sounds like the icemaker failed as well so the icemaker would also need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
after looking closer at the fingers they seem to be below the horizon.
Aye, you mentioned that before which I said was a problem, but until you get the emitter boards replaced and you fix the emitters you won't know if the icemaker is also a problem or not. You need to replace the emitter boards and get the light working properly to start. Then wait 48 hours and if it doesn't make ice then you know the icemaker also needs to be replaced.