Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker will not dump ice on LG LFX25991ST /02. If the switch…

Customer Question
Ice maker will not dump...
Ice maker will not dump ice on LG LFX25991ST /02. If the switch is turned off then on it will make a slight movement then stop. It will dump and refill if the test button is pressed. What can I do to make it work automatically again.
thanks Stacy
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/28/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Either you have a bad icemaker or the temperature inside the ice compartment is not below 10 degrees. Test the temperature around the ice maker and make sure it's below 10 degrees. If so and the icemaker won't cycle on it's one, the sensor inside the icemaker just doesn't think it's getting down to temperature so the entire icemaker would need to be replaced.
If I had followed your advice I would have spent $150 on a new Ice maker. As it was I cycled it with the test button several times. Then let the water freeze and cycled it to make ice manually. Not a good long term solution, but overnight it started making ice automatically. So either a sensor for full was sending that message incorrectly or some trash was in the gears that needed the manual cycle to clear ( did help the tray turn the first two times). Anyway I would like my money back. Thank you.
Or the compartment wasn't below 10 degrees and now it is which is why it's working. You said you already tried the test cycle and it only works on test so my answer is only as correct as the information you give me.
I didn't change the temperature it is fine. And it is now working. So it was not bad enough to replace and temperature was not a factor. Your advice would have been helpful if I had needed to change the temperature or buy a new one. I did neither. You made no mention of any other options. I am clearly not satisfied!
Have a nice day