Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag dryer Model#LDG7304AAE No Heat How Do You Check Pilot

Customer Question

maytag dryer Model#LDG7304AAE No Heat How Do You Check Pilot Light
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So to start, dryers do not have pilot lights, they use igniters. The first thing you need to do is unplug the dryer and remove the two screws below the crease of the lower front panel. Hinge the front panel forward and pop it open a bit so you can run the dryer. Plug the dryer in and look at the burner assembly below the dryer drum. Start a cycle and does the igniter start to glow within 1 minute?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
lit Up Then Went Off
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK perfect. This is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced. As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak. You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace. CLICK HEREWe are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a 10 Year Old Dryer Would It Be Better Just To Replace What Is The Cost To Repair!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If you can replace the coils then just replace the coils it costs only about $20 for the part. But if you need to call a technician out, you'd be looking at about $150 to replace the part so it's a toss up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks For Your Help It Was Used When I Got It I Think I Will Buy A New One Only Payed 150 Five Years Ago Thanks Again for Your Help!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
No problem and I wish you only the best. THe coils really are easy to replace so if you're handy I would suggest replacing them. You're already half way there removing the front panel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I may Call The Logal Maytag And See What They Will Charge For Repairs I Drive A Truck Dont Have The Time Thanks Again!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Alright well I wish you only the best. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.