Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore HE 2Plus stopped, but won't unlock the door. It

Customer Question

My Kenmore HE 2Plus stopped, but won't unlock the door. It says add garment and the door lock is on. I tried the extra rinse, but nothing happened. It's like it's locked up. I can't get the door to unlock. The clothes are rinsed and there's no water in the washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So the first thing you need to d is unplug the washer. Next you'll need to manually unlock the door. To unlock the door, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.Now plug the washer back in and see if it will run a cycle again. If it won't run a cycle or it stops and the door is locked and won't unlock again, you need to replace the door latch because it has failed. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.