Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just bought kitchenaid range model kdrs505 burners will not…

Customer Question
just bought kitchenaid range model...
just bought kitchenaid range model kdrs505 burners will not lite
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/27/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
A full model number will look like this KDRS505XSS01
And you do have the main gas supply turned on ?
And the unit is plugged in and powered correct?
And the not lighting is that the cook top burners or the oven or both cooktop and oven?
Kitchenaid Model KDRS505XSS04 The stove top burners will not lite. The ovens are electric and work fine. I seem to not be getting gas to stove top burners. Gas valve is open on the supply side is their a valve somewhere on stove. This stove has never been used.
Have tried turning burners on to bleed air out. Never even get a hint of gas smell
Yes this model has an electrically opened safety valve it will only open when the range is power up ,if the unit is plugged in at the time you are tying to use the cooktop and you are not getting any gas out of the burners ,and the unit is brand new I would recommend calling for a warranty service call on the unit or if you work on it you will void the warranty
The lock out valve is over $200.00
So Let me know what you want to do from here?
Problem is I have no warranty bought it from a guy who purchased it from best buy to put in his cabin. It sat in his garage for 4 months because he decided to go with another stove
ok so then you will need to open the cooktop up and test the cooktop lock out valve for continuity and for loose connections to it .and I would test for voltage to it with the unit plugged in and powered up .
Here is the parts break down the valve is # *****://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/W1011161-00003.png2
John, Home Appliance Technician