Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Just replace a 20 year old washing machine with a Whirlpool

Customer Question
model WTW4800BQ0. Two questions:...
Just replace a 20 year old washing machine with a Whirlpool model WTW4800BQ0.
Two questions: Fill rate is usually good, but sometimes the cold fill is just a faint trickle. Is this normal?
Can the factory temperature settings be adjusted higher or is there an alternate fill valve that will allow all water temperatures to be higher than the factory setting? Factory settings only allow water temperatures to be tepid, cold and frigid. There is no "hot" water delivered at any setting. Yes, I did expect cooler water temperature, but I didn't expect to not even get warm water.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/26/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
The fill should never be a faint trickle. If that occurs, it means that your electronic solenoid on the water valve isn't opening all the way. This is something you'll want to fix because it can actually stick open as well and flood the house if it gets bad enough and fails in the opposite direction. Either way, below is a link to the electronic water valve you'll need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for valve Now before you replace the valve, do make sure you have good water pressure from both hot and cold water coming from your house to the washer. If water pressure is good, then call warranty out and they will replace that valve at no charge if it's less than 1 year old. Also, the temperature sensor is built into this water valve so if the hot water isn't working, this valve should fix that issue as well. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.
Do you have an answer for the second part of the original question? "Can the factory temperature settings be adjusted higher or is there an alternate fill valve that will allow all water temperatures to be higher than the factory setting? Factory settings only allow water temperatures to be tepid, cold and frigid. There is no "hot" water delivered at any setting." There is no problem with water pressure or hot water temperature--the problem is 100% an aspect of this new washer.
Temperatures can not be adjusted whatsoever. Everything is automated and regulated by the government to meet energy star and water conservation regulations so they can label this unit an energy star unit. They removed all the bypasses adjustments and such that they used to have on the washers because the government cracked down on selling units that can be changed out of energy star standards when being sold as an energy star unit.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc