Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a cabrio washer. It will not spin. We had a repairman…

Customer Question
I have a cabrio washer...
I have a cabrio washer. It will not spin. We had a repairman
out and he said we needed a new sensor (RPS), which he
ordered and installed. We noticed that the wiring loom was
different. The wire colors were all different. He said these
have been changed on the newer machines. Mine is about
7 yrs old. Is this right? Also he ordered the whole kit. The
parts book shows the sensor can be ordered separately,
but he said it could not be. I had full power before they
changed the sensor and now afterwards, I have no power
at all. Now they think it may be the board. My machine
is a model#WTW 6600SW2. What could be my problem
with the machine and what do we do about this repairman?
Thanks, Bob
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, is this a factory authorized company?
Yes. We called Whirlpool and they gave us the name of a factory in our area.
Have you asked for a different technician? Ask for a lead technician. It's hard to say what's going on. If you have 110v to the outlet, the board is most likely bad. If the wires are all plugged in and not broken, the board is the only thing that would cause this issue.