Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a ge range that is receiving power but the stove top

Customer Question

I have a ge range that is receiving power but the stove top and oven do not work.any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So your range may be receiving power, but it's not getting the needed 220 volts. The oven will light up, but it won't actually heat with only 110 volts. There is nothing on the oven that will cut out heating for both the stove top and the oven other than power coming into the oven from your house. Try flipping the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds and then back on. If that doesn't work then pull the oven forward and remove the access panel where the power cord connects to the back of the oven and make sure the wires check good. If you have a multimeter, test power between the two outer terminals and you should have 220 volts. If not, you'll need to call an electrician because your house is not giving correct power to the oven. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still no function after resetting the breaker..do not have a tester
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok then you need an electrician because this is not an issue with the oven