Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an older fridgedaire gallery single wall oven from about 2002 Model CFEB786JGB. I…

Customer Question
We have an older fridgedaire...
We have an older fridgedaire gallery single wall oven from about 2002 Model CFEB786JGB. I tried to turn on convention I may have accidentally hit clean, I don't know. Whatever I did a few minutes later I could open the door. It was locked. Our chicken is still in the oven.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/25/2015
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
I will be glad to help you with your question today.
Reset the oven to clean and then cancel the process. The oven door should then unlock.
Unfortunately we tried that too without success. Do you have any other suggestions?
Perhaps we should have tried that sooner before we used the two button method to turn off the panel. Now it diplays off whenever we hit any button.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
We just figured out how to get you back. Our computer rebooted last night despite settings telling it now to. (But that's another appliance story.) It has been 24 hours now and our chicken is still being held captive in our oven. As explained above your first suggestion has been tried. We think a mechanical rather than programming solution may be necessary as the program is not responding.
You must have placed the clock into the child lockout feature. Do you have the instructions for activating and de-activating that feature? You would normally just do the same thing for 4-5 sec to deactivate the lockout.
We read all the instructions and tried what they suggested. There wasn't much there.
I can't understand why the fan won't stop running. We have to turn the power to get to stop.
This happened when I switched from bake to convection. I don't know if I accidentally hit the clean button. Sometimes I have to reach up if I don't elevate my wheelchair enough.
I was trying to look up you range to see if I could find a manual fro it, but the number you supplied CFEB786J is not coming up a valid model . Can you check it for me? I need to find what buttons you may have hit. Otherwise you will have to take the back off to access the lock and manually open it.
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician