Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Oven cycle light stays on even with oven off

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/25/2015
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
This is because the oven selector switch is stuck on pilot. You need to replace the lamp pilot to fix the issue. Part #: WB25K10002
Please remember to rate me a 6 so I get credit for helping you, Thanks. Post back here if you have more questions.
Thank you, ***** ***** order part and replace and let you know if it works.
Not a problem. Please remember to rate me so I get credit for helping you and post here if you need more help, Thanks.
Replacing this part did not fix my issue. The light is still on.
Okay, sounds like the contacts that turn the light on in the thermostat are shorted together. In that case you will need a new thermostat. Check the light wire is not shorted to the frame as well.
Ok, do you know a part number for the thermostat?
WB20K10026