Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Detergent dispenser seems to be clogged and not release the

Customer Question
Cascade liquid detergent into the...
detergent dispenser seems to be clogged and not release the Cascade liquid detergent into the dishwasher. A bleach based and an enzyme based detergent may have been mixed. How do you clear the blockage?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/24/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
So unfortunately if your detergent was mixed, it's not likely that you will be able to just clean out the reservoir or dispenser because it's sealed. There is a function to purge the dispenser so you can try that and hope it works, but if it doesn't then you would need to replace the reservoir if there is a clog for any reason. How to Purge Incorrect Liquid Detergent from the Bulk Dispenser The purge routine operates the bulk dispenser pump continuously to drain the bulk dispenser tank when an incorrect liquid was poured in the tank. The process consists of setting up the dishwasher to run the purge mode, running the purge mode and then cleaning up the purged detergent. Follow these steps carefully to have a successful purge run. For Top Control Models:Make sure Pre-wash, Added Heat and Heated Dry LEDs are off.Press Heated Dry and Down Arrow buttons together for 3 seconds. All LEDs will illuminate.Press Added Heat and Up Arrow buttons together for 3 seconds. The Anti-bacteria LED will illuminatePress Start button one timeSelect Normal and make sure Pre-wash, Added Heat and Heated Dry LEDs are off.Press Start button one more time and dishwasher will run a complete cycle without the main motor running. Cycle is complete when the Clean light illuminates. This should take approximately 60 minutes.Open door and wipe up excess detergent from the door and tubFlush remaining detergent off by pouring water on the door and tub where there is detergent residue.Remove SmartDispenser cap and fill tank with water and then replace cap.Repeat Steps 1 through 9 one time.Then, repeat Steps 1 through 6. When the Clean LED illuminates, the system is purged and ready to be refilled with the correct detergent.Front Mount Controls (same as above except for the changes in the two below steps): 2. Press Heated Dry and Cookware together for 3 seconds. All LEDs illuminate.3. Press Added Heat and Cookware together for 3 seconds. The Anti-bacterial LED illuminates.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc