How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 80332
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE frost freezer Model TFE20R and it appears that

Customer Question

I have a GE frost freezer Model TFE20R and it appears that the bottom hinge on the fridg door has shattered a washer and the door is sticking half open. Any clues as to how to repair same.( Laurie Ogilvie***@******.***) or Melbourne(###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The "washer" is actually called a "cam and riser". These are just plastic so they break somewhat commonly. Either way, just order and replace the bottom hinge on the refrigerator door and you'll be good to go again, it comes with a new came and riser. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for hinge We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.