John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I am a dealer , i have two whirlpool built coin

Customer Question

I am a dealer for whirlpool , i have two whirlpool built coin op washers which keep shorting out the ctrl board , what could be the problem ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dave. After you replaced the control did the washer run part way through the cycle? If so, how long did it run and what did it do? Did it fill only or fill and wash for a while etc. When the control fails does it get a burned spot on the control? Something in the washer is shorted and you will need a meter to confirm what is wrong. Sometimes this is the shifter but we need to confirm so we are not guessing.