Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Danby dff1144w won't start

Customer Question
danby dff1144w won't start the light...

danby dff1144w won't start

the light is opening but the frezer and frigo do not start and is very warm.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/23/2015
Appliance Technician: Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** iam happy to help you with your question today..you dont even hear the compressor or fans trying to start? just a lite absolutely no other noises?

no noise, the light is opened and when i close the door their is no noise

your control is going to be faulty ..it supplies the power to the compressor and the fan ..it is the switch that you adjust the temperature with , the part number is ***** ,that will fix the issue
Temperature Control Thermostat
RepairClinic Item #(###) ###-####
Temperature Control Thermostat - Part #(###) ###-####Mfg Part # *****
This part fits your Refrigerator
Thermostat
OEM Part - Manufacturer #1.03.02.01.012
$24.75
Quantity:

i mean that all? is their any temporary solution to get it start at least for the next two days, we are saturday and all store are closed and the tme to get this part all my food gonna be trashed :s

you can take the control off and unplug then join the two wires of the control to get it started but it wont regulate that way unless you want to disconnect the wires every 1-2 hours ? there is no control of temps ..if the part is bad thats all that can be done till you get a new one

is this a known issue? are you sure? i mean i dont wanna buy a part for nothing ..

yes ,im sure ,if no noise it will be the control ..i find its the control almost always with your symptoms

well ho do i cange it.. i mean buying a controler is ok but im not a technician and dont have a clue to change this part

i cant teach somebody to be mechanical ,i can pin point the issue and the faulty part ..its usually straight forward, there is 1 or 2 screws that hold the control in the housing , there may be a light cover to remove 1 screw ..then you reroute the control the same way ..two wires to swap over and then reinstall the housing ,the knob pulls off to reveal 2 screws