Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Maytag double door refrigerator/ freezer with control…

Customer Question
Have a Maytag double door...
Have a Maytag double door refrigerator/ freezer with control pad on the front. Just had the relay and overload replaced. Unit is 6 years old repair man here now but we can not get the unit to turn back on
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/23/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
After you replaced the high voltage control in the rear of the unit ,have you reprogrammed the new control to your product?
And did you get programming instructions with the new part?
I have an appliance guy here now. Replaced the compressor relay. Refrigerator will not start up
ok so just the relay and overload was replaced.
Is the relay and overload getting voltage from the control to run?
And before the service person left did he not test and make sure the parts he replace fixed the issue?
Service person is still here. Lights on the control panel are off. testing relay again now.
There is no power coming to the relay from the control
Before the relay was replaced it was cycling on and off, when it went off, the control board lights went off as well.
If you have no lights on the control panel .
The first thing I would test is to see if the main high voltage control board is getting voltage to it ,to run the lights and compressor .
Ok so test the control board on the J1 connector and test red to white for 120 volts A/C
tested 121.9 volts
Can not see any problems on the board
ok ask the service person ,Is the condenser fan and Evaporator fan running at this time?
No. Nothing running
ok so I would say the main control is getting voltage but it is faulty it is not giving voltage to anything to run .
It will need to be replaced.
And sorry for the delay ,I have several customers at the same time ,Saturday!!
if you need it I can give them the part number of the control board!