Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a brand new dishwasher from Kitchen Aid that was

Customer Question
working fine until 2 days...
i have a brand new dishwasher from Kitchen Aid that was working fine until 2 days ago. They cannon get out until next week to fix. Please help.. Its not draining... its a KDTE204DSS1 model... the controls are on the top of the door
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/22/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, have you removed the toe kick on the bottom yet?
Press cancel do you hear a faint hum noise coming from the bottom?
Thank you
i have not removed the toe kick yet..... i can hold start and fast wash and the unit will work kind of... it comes on and runs but does not drain.... non of the other selections will work... i have reset the breaker as like to reboot a computer.... i do hear a faint hum when i press cancel... but its not a steady hum... bottom left side and its a sound that comes and goes on a regular pulse
are you there
hello hello... is there anybody in there,,,,,'
Yes, that's what I needed to know. So it sounds like you may actually have two different issues. You can not select every cycle and option available on the touch pad right? "Fast Wash" is the only cycle it will fill up and wash on? It does not drain on any cycle though correct?
you have it exactly correct.....
do i need to do something
Yes, that means you have to issues happening at once. The touch pad is shorted. The touch pad is the part with the cycles and options on it. When this happens the touch pad senses a stuck or shorted key. The only way to fix this is to replace the touch pad assembly. The part number is ***** You can get it from sears parts or any local appliance parts house.
The drain pump is going to be the second issue. Something is most likely stuck inside. It's common. You will need to bail the water from the machine. Unplug power and take the toe kick off. On the bottom left you'll see the drain motor. It's an auxiliary drain pump. So you have a main wash motor and the auxiliary drain motor on the left. The drain pump is held to the sump with a plastic tab. Depress the tab and twist the pump off the housing. It's actually quite simple. Clean the inside you will most likely find some debris. If the pump is clean, replace it because the motor has failed.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic