Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool duet gave me an error code, but I don't remember

Customer Question

my whirlpool duet gave me an error code, but I don't remember which one.
I got the bottom panel off, cleaned the drain, unlocked the door, but it still won't turn on. It posers on, but will not start the machine.
I THINK that the code was F5 E3, but haven't been able to get the code back on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Any F5 E1/E2/E3 means that your door latch has failed. That will stop the washer from starting a cycle of course. You just need to order and replace the door latch to fix the issue. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. You'll need the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way in order to look up the correct part number for the door latch so you can order the correct part. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.